How to play
Participants form a circle with everyone facing the inside of the circle. The facilitator asks participants to set forward into the circle if they feel they agree with the statement e.g. ‘step forward if you love music’. After staying forward long enough for the rest of the group to see them, participants can step back to their original places in the circle. Another question is then asked, and so on.
It can give a nice feeling amongst the group members if a round of applause was given for those who step forward.
Tip: Offensive or sensitive topics should be avoided, especially with people who do not know each other very well yet.
Step forward if. . .
- You are a man
- You are a woman
- You play a musical instrument
- You travelled here by bus
- You have clear expectations for this meeting
- This is your first time in (youth club / music program)
- You know what the Youth In Action Programme is