Before starting a music project with young people draw upon your own skills, skills of your team, industry professionals and any experiences you may have in music. This will make the consultation process much easier as you know what skills and abilities you have and the opportunities you can offer young people. A consultation should also happen with young people to establish the type of music projects they want to be involved in.
- Online Surveys
- Any other youth worker techniques you use
- Taster Sessions
- Pitching Ideas
Why youth work techniques are important during consultation and working group
- Encouraging young people to respect others interests in music.
- Being flexible and incorporate all young people’s genres and talents/interests.
- Be aware of individual needs and personal barriers.
- Encourage the smallest achievement of everyone.
- Be open to different ideas.